ISLAY WEBSITE LINKS
THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF LINKS TO OTHER ISLAY WEBSITES.
- To get to Islay, you'll need to travel by either ferry or plane, so for travel information, have a look at the Caledonian MacBrayne and the British Airways websites.
- There are eight whisky distilleries on Islay. Those with websites are found at Ardbeg, Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Bunnahabhain, Kilchoman and Laphroaig. Also worth visiting is the Isle of Jura distillery on Islay's neighbouring island of Jura (a ten minute ferry sailing from Port Askaig)
- Ron Steenvoorden runs the Islay Info website and this is recommended reading for any visitor to Islay.
- An excellent source of information about Islay is the website for the local newspaper, The Ileach, which is regularly updated.
- Bruichladdich Taxis offers a 24-hour taxi service which covers the whole island.
- The www.islayjura.com website (run by the Islay Jura Marketing Board) contains a good selection of links to resources about Islay.
- The Machrie near Port Ellen, features a championship golf course, providing a challenge to players of all levels.
- Jeremy Hastings runs birdwatching tours on Islay, and his website features an exhaustive list of birds that can be found there, along with the latest birding news.
- Brian Palmer runs The Washing Machine Post website, dedicated to cycling on Islay.